08 February 2008

Blogs

I always feel so much pressure when I decide to write a blog. Not only does it have to be an interesting, original topic, but it also has to be so witty and clever. Unless I feel particularly driven to write about something, I'll just sit at my computer and stare, with my fingers on the keyboard. Lightly tapping. Just enough pressure to make noise, but not enough to make any actual keystrokes.

I find it rather soothing. Because my fingers don't even know what to write. And recently, they don't even know how to write. I can't say how many times I have to backspace something that I mistyped. This shouldn't worry me, but I'm supposed to be perfect at everything... and I'm often praised for my typing skills.

"Wow, you can type without looking at your fingers???"

"Yeah, but I have to constantly backtrack and retype EVERYTHING I write..."

A silly thing to want to be proud of.

And I think I'm getting carpal tunnel. My hand hurts, close to my wrist. Not my actual wrist, mind you, but pretty close to it. I can feel it when I bend my wrist down, like I want you to kiss my hand.

"It hurts when I do this..."

"Then don't do that..."

That's the stupidest advice I have ever heard.

I think it's all from this semester's intense typage. I'm constantly responding to emails for work. I write page-long shift reports 4 days a week. I type all my notes for class. And at 11 hours of class a week, not to mention the extra 1 hour spent for every 1 hour in class, typing outlines of my chapters, typing takes up about half of my life.

So please forgive me if any of my posts in the future are short, boring, or non-clever.

My hands and my brain are slowly turning to mush.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

hey! I found your blog through your sisters blog! whats up?

Patricia said...

I totally have the same problem. School is eating me alive.